Approach to care
Chiropractic is one of the largest primary health care professions in Ontario. Over 1.6 million Ontarians seek care from a chiropractor every year, predominantly for conditions including low back pain, neck pain and musculoskeletal conditions of the extremities.
When you have an appointment with a chiropractor, you should expect to have a discussion regarding the history of your primary concern as well as a broader discussion about your personal and family health history. A focussed physical exam will follow to allow an opportunity to provide a diagnosis and develop a comprehensive treatment plan.
Depending on the diagnosis and patient preferences and goals, a wide variety of treatment options may be available ranging from education about their condition to joint and soft tissue therapies, active exercise rehabilitation, acupuncture, electrical modalities (e.g. ultrasound, shockwave therapy etc), lifestyle counselling, assessment for and provision of custom orthotics among others.
Either as your primary provider, or as a member of a multidisciplinary team, a chiropractor can help with acute recovery and support patients who are coping with chronic conditions as well.
Common conditions managed by chiropractors:
- Low back, mid back and neck pain
- Conditions of the shoulders, elbows, wrists and hands
- Conditions of the hips, knees, ankles and feet
- Nerve related injuries/conditions such as sciatica, carpal tunnel syndrome and more
- Acute sprains and strains as well as repetitive strain injuries
- Stiffness due to prolonged postures
- Sports related injuries
- Improving performance (e.g. core stability, balance, mobility/flexibility etc)
And many more. If you are unsure of whether or not your situation may be suitable for care, please email Dr Mueller for more information.
Some of the many benefits of chiropractic care may be:
- Better understanding of presenting concerns
- Improved ability to participate fully in activities of daily living
- Less frequency and intensity of pain
- Improved quality of sleep
- Improved body mechanics (stability, mobility etc)
- Improved ability to participate in self care
- Improved awareness of when to seek care in the future
And many more…
Book an appointment
I picked up a lower back injury and visited Dr Ken Muller. I like the way how he is through & explains what the injury might be and how to... read more
November 12, 2022
Great advice, good bedside manner and most importantly effective treatment is what's kept me going back to Dr. Mueller. I also appreciate that he has let me take treatment... read more
October 14, 2022
amazing practitioner with a wealth of knowledge
October 14, 2022